Bored? Feel like doing something with your life? Don’t know where to start?
Venturer Scouts offers a challenging mix of activities that appeal to teenage boys and girls – extreme adventure and extreme achievement. We call it do-it-yourself fun!
You may find yourself exploring wilderness Australia, camping above the snowline or diving on coral reefs. You could be abseiling into a limestone cave or climbing a sheer rock face. Perhaps you’ll learn whitewater kayaking or ride your mountain bike on an expedition across real mountains.
Whatever your challenge, there will be trained and highly experienced adults to guide you through the experience, and to teach you the necessary skills and safety techniques. Venturers get the opportunity to travel overseas and to organised activities, to live with a different community and to provide service to others.
Manage your own program
Venturers don’t just develop physical skills. You will manage your own Venturer Unit, where the adult Leaders are there to provide advice, not rule your life. The Unit Council makes the decisions, plans and runs the activities, drawing on expert help whenever it is required.
There are leadership and management courses that will help you in your career and personal life when you have to make all the decisions. You’ll learn how to meet new challenges, deal with new situations, and develop your own independence. Your achievements will be recognised, with the ultimate goal the Queen’s Scout Award, which employers regard very favourably. Venturers really are the pathway to success.
Get a social life
The social side of Venturers is up to you. There will be camps and discos, outings and shared interests so you will meet new people and have plenty of time to get to know them and make lifelong friends. Venturers are serious about having fun.
Venturer Scouts is for young people from 14.5 – 18 and you don’t have to have experience in Scouts or Guides first.
- Adventure activities – abseiling, canyoning, rock climbing, canoeing, SCUBA diving, caving, sailing, hiking, camping, and bike riding.
- Explore personal interests– fishing, photography, amateur radio, first aid, surfing the Internet, environment, and cooking
- Social Activities– ice skating, photo chase, scavenger hunts, ten pin bowling, laser tag, movie nights, and mini golf
- Getting involved with the community – Clean Up Australia Day, helping out with younger Scouting sections, assisting with local community events, and bush regeneration of local parks and bushland
- Venture – the ultimate adventure for a Venturer Scout is to travel interstate or even overseas to a Venture camp with thousands of other Venturer Scouts from around Australia and overseas.
Teenagers: aged 15 to 18
Run Day and Time: N/A
Leader in Charge: N/A